"Overseas Chinese children" refer to the school-age children of Chinese citizens residing abroad.
Overseas Chinese children returning to China to study in compulsory education schools within our province are those transient students who have policy support. Education departments in each city and county (city and district) shall regard these children as the school-age children of local residents and manage admission procedures on their behalf.
Overseas Chinese children studying in compulsory education schools in the domiciles of their guardians or their parents' work places within our province shall enjoy the same treatment of addmission as the school-age children of local residents and own the right of exemption from tuition fees and incidental expenses in accordance with applicable laws.
If overseas Chinese children want to attend compulsory education schools within the domiciles of their guardians, then their guardians shall file an application and submit the following materials (students enrolled in foreign language studies shall be provided with a Chinese translation):
1. Proof of overseas Chinese student's parent's status issued by China's overseas embassies and consulates and the corresponding kinship certificate (or the student's birth certificate).
2. Notarization of guardianship undertaken by the permanent residents in the same prefecture issued by the notary department of the city or county (city or district) in which the school is located.
3. Household Register Book of the guardian and the property ownership certificate or house purchase agreement consistent with the Household Register Book of the guardian.
4. The student's certificate of physical examination from the hospital above the county (city or district) level.
5. The student's status certificate from the original school in which the student studied.
Schools that accept overseas Chinese children shall formulate specific care measures, manage their studies and home-lives, and actively provide for their education and cultivation. These schools shall not set any special charges for overseas Chinese children or raise the standard charge on any name or form.
For Foreign Chinese children who want to come to China and attend compulsory education schools within our province, please also refer to these measures.
For more information, please refer to: http://www.zsedu.net/info/44697.jspx