On July 4, three locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported in Yunnan Province (2 Chinese, 1 Burmese), all discovered in citywide nucleic acid testing. Further epidemiological surveys are underway.
We hereby ask everyone in Zhongshan to be fully aware of the complexity and uncertainty of the epidemic and remain alert.
To guard against any surge of imported cases or relapse into a domestic outbreak and minimize the risk of spreading the epidemic, we request you to do the following:
1. If you have come or returned to Zhongshan after June 21 with traveling or living history in Ruili City, Yunnan Province, please take the initiative to report to your community/village, employer, and hotel, and check your health code.
Those with green health code need to have a nucleic acid test in a nearby medical institution. If the result comes out negative, then please carry out a 14-day home-based health monitoring (counting from the day of departure from Ruili). During the 14 days, please do not gather, do not use public transportation, and seek medical assistance in a nearby fever clinic and inform the doctor of your travel history in Ruili if symptoms like fever or cough occur.
If the health code is not green, please contact your community health center as soon as possible.
2. Do not go to the epidemic-stricken area unless necessary. If you have to travel there, make sure you have proper personal protection, record your track, and follow health management guidance according to the city's requirement after you return to Zhongshan.
3. Everyone in the city need to pay attention to personal protection, maintain safe social distance, wear masks properly (especially during usage of public transportation and in public places), wash hands often, maintain good ventilation, avoid crowded places, and do not gather. We encourage people of appropriate age groups to have COVID-19 vaccination and everyone to lead a healthy lifestyle.
4. If symptoms like fever, cough, fatigue, sore throat, hypogeusia, hyposmia, and diarrhea occur, please seek medical assistance in a nearby fever clinic as soon as possible. Wear a disposable surgical mask and avoid using public transportation on your way to the medical institution.
5. Anyone who conceals or gives false information and causes severe consequences will be pursued for legal responsibility in accordance with the law.