Starting February 19, Zhongshan launched the heterologous vaccination (also known as mixed doses of booster shots) program. This service is now available for expats in Zhongshan.
What is heterologous vaccination?
When it is time for your booster shot, you can choose a vaccine which is different from the previous two doses. For example, people who received inactivated vaccines produced by China National Biotec Group(CNBG)'s institutes in Beijing and Wuhan or Sinovac Biotech, can opt to accept a third shot of Anhui Zhifei Longcom or CanSinoBIO.
Who are eligible?
At present, mixed vaccination is only available to people aged 18 and above who have been vaccinated with inactivated COVID-19 vaccines from China National Biotec Group(CNBG)'s institutes in Beijing and Wuhan or Sinovac Biotech for 6 months and have NOT received a homologous booster vaccination.
Recipients of both inactivated vaccines and adenovirus vector vaccines are eligible for booster shots.
Expat Vaccination Site Info
1. Time and Place
April 16 - April 22, 8:30-12:00, 14:00-17:00
Address: Hall 2, Zhongshan Torch International Exhibition Center (中山火炬国际会展中心).
It is opposite to Denenghu Park. The entrance is in the corridor between Hall 1 and Hall 2 of the exhibition center.
2. The first and second shots for people aged 3 and above, and the third shot for people aged 18 and above are free of appointment.
3. Torch Development Zone Hospital vaccination site and Zhongshan Hi-Tech Development Zone No.1 Middle School gymnasium vaccination site are temporarily closed until further notice.
1) People with a YELLOW or RED health code are suspended for vaccination.
2) People from medium and high-risk areas holding a travel history code with an asterisk mark (*) need a 48-hour negative nucleic acid test certificate for entering.
3) People aged 3-17 and the elderly over 75 need to be accompanied by guardians/family members.
4) Children aged 3-11 need to download Yue Miao (粤苗) APP to complete registration, and the vaccination certificates are required.
5) Those whose interval between the third and the second shots is less than 180 days are not eligible for vaccination.
6) Those who need nucleic acid testing should be tested first before being vaccinated, and they are not advised to take nucleic acid test within 48 hours after vaccination.
7) The third (booster) shot is not available for people aged under 18.
5. Any change will be notified separately. Tel: 28152300.
Chinese Inquiry: 0760-28152300 (Zhongshan Torch Development Zone Hospital)
English Inquiry: 0760-88339063 (Zhongshan Foreign Affairs Bureau)